We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, we collect information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request.
You are able to view, change and remove your data associated with your profile. Should you choose to delete your account, please contact us at [email protected], and we will follow up with such request as soon as possible.
Use of the Data
We only use your personal information to provide you with the services that you have booked or to communicate with you about the services you have booked.
With respect to any documents you may choose to upload to RTI (especially the online questionnaire that must be completed after your booking has been confirmed), we take the privacy and confidentiality of such documents very seriously. We encrypt all documents, and permanently delete any redacted edits you make to documents. If you choose to make a document public, we recommend you redact any and all references to people and addresses, as we can’t protect public data and we are not responsible for any violation of privacy law you may be liable for.
We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data about you that we store, including personal information.
We do not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
– doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
– we believe it’s needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that is legally required;
– we believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
– otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
RTI may contact you, by email or other means. For example, RTI may send you promotional emails relating to RTI Tours only but never on behalf of any third party. If you do not want to receive email from RTI, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any RTI ezines.
Sharing of Data
We don’t share your personal information with third parties. Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the RTI Website and service. We currently use Google Analytics (traffic analysis, SEO optimization), Mailchimp (mailing list management) and Formstack (Data management system that helps us collect information through online forms, including surveys, special requirements, merchandise sizes etc).
We also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Facebook. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services’ privacy policies.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
RTI GDPR Privacy Notice
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this GDPR Privacy Notice, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data, such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. RTI will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services.
How We Process Personal Data:
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below. In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such Personal Data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection. From time to time, we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You and How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such Personal Data directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you:
We receive certain Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
– First name
– Last name
– Email address
– Mailing address
– Telephone number
We collect and process these categories of Personal Data as a matter of contractual necessity so that we can provide the Services to you in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. For example, we cannot confirm your booking if you do not provide us with your first and last name. When we process Personal Data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such Personal Data.
We also use the Personal Data we collect directly from you to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services based on our legitimate business interest in operating our Services in a way that benefits us and our users. For example, we use the Personal Data to:
– Create and manage user profiles
– Communicate with you about the Services
– Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
– Provide support and assistance for the Services
– Personalise website content and communications based on your preferences
– Meet contract or legal obligations
– Respond to user inquiries
– Fulfil user requests
– Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
– Resolve disputes
– Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
– Enforce our Terms and Conditions
In collecting the Personal Data, we sometimes use “cookies” and other tracking technologies (e.g., web beacons and pixel tags). Cookies allow us to recognize your browser or device and “remember” your browser during subsequent visits for purposes of functionality, preferences, and website performance, and they also tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. The Services use the following cookies:
– Essential Cookies. Essential cookies are required for providing you features or services that you have requested. For example, certain cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site. Disabling these cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
– Functionality Cookies. Functional cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time, and recognize you when you return to our Services. These cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
– Performance/Analytical Cookies. Performance/analytical cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Site and Services such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Site, what pages visitors view on our Site, and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Site. Performance/analytical cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Services’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but have an option for blocking or deleting cookies, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. You can usually access these options through the “Settings” or similar menu in your browser. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you block or delete cookies, some portions of the Services may not work properly. In some cases, cookies may enable us to aggregate certain information with other Personal Data we collect and hold about you.
Other uses of Personal Data
In addition to the uses set forth above, we may also process the Personal Data we collect on the basis of the following legitimate business interests.
– Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
– Marketing of our products and services
– Provision of customer support
– Protection from fraud or security threats
– Compliance with legal obligations
– Completion of corporate transactions
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
– Ground handlers
– Event Rights Holders
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
– Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
– Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
– Maintain the security of our products and services
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organisational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity.
Personal Data of Children:
We do not knowingly receive Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected]
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email [email protected] Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardises the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary, to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
– Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by emailing us at [email protected]
– Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement Personal Data by emailing us at [email protected]
– Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
– Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
– Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
What if You Have Questions Regarding your Personal Data?
If you have any questions about this GDPR Privacy Notice or our data practices generally, please contact us at [email protected]