Once we have received your booking request you will automatically be sent our Provisional Booking Acknowledgement Email. Once we have accepted the booking you will be sent a Booking Confirmation Email and it is at this stage that you as the Lead Booker, enters into a contract with us. If you decide to cancel your package, cancellation charges will apply and full details are as per our Terms and Conditions. You can make changes to your booking in certain circumstances however this may incur a charge. We hold the right to change and cancel your booking which will be compensated in certain circumstances.
If you are purchasing a package the following applies. The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations. Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. We will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole. Additionally, as required by law, we have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that the transport provider becomes insolvent. For more information on key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 click here.
Once the booking has been made and accepted by us, you will be sent an email with a hyperlink to an online short questionnaire. By confirming you have read the Terms & Conditions and proceeding with the booking you explicitly consent on behalf of you and all Party Members that we may collect and use this information in order to provide our products and services to you. Details include passport information, relevant medical conditions, dietary requirements etc. If you do not allow us to process any of this information, this may mean that we are unable to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us. In such circumstances you will not be entitled to cancel or obtain a refund of any price you have paid.
It is a condition of booking with Rugby Travel Ireland that you and the rest of your Party Members MUST have travel insurance in place. Your travel insurance should cover the cost of cancellation, medical expenses, loss of luggage or money, personal liability claims, participation in activities and costs of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident, injury, illness or death. You should check any exclusions and, in particular, that your policy covers you for the activities you want to undertake. We strongly recommend that you are covered from the time of booking as this may assist you in recovering monies paid in the unfortunate event of you having to cancel your trip.
We recommend the services of our preferred travel insurance partner, Blue Insurance. If resident in the Republic of Ireland, click here for a quotation and if resident in the UK click here for a quotation.
For the latest travel advice including security, local laws, plus passport and visa information visit:
For ROI Citizens – Department of Foreign Affairs https://www.dfa.ie/
For UK Citizens – the Foreign & Commonwealth Office https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
It is important that you speak to your GP or to a travel clinic before travelling to make sure that you have taken all the necessary health precautions. You may find the following links of assistance:
The Tropical Medical Bureau: https://www.tmb.ie/
Fit for Travel: https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home
Due to the nature of attending sporting events, there may be considerable walks, queuing, extended travel time, limited space and other practicalities associated with large crowds of people. If you have concerns as to whether this is suitable for any of your Party Members, please contact us.
It is not always possible to calculate additional fees, charges and other costs. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
We appreciate that you are spending a lot of money on your package and want to reassure you that it is financially protected.
If your tour package includes flights ex Ireland then we are bonded and licensed with the Commission for Aviation Regulation, Tour Operators Licence No. T.O. 260. Further details are available at http://www.aviationreg.ie/
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 (UK) and The Package Holidays and Travel Trade Act 1995 (Republic of Ireland), an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
• Flight inclusive packages sold by the company to consumers with travel departing from the EEA (including UK), but not from the Republic of Ireland
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
• repatriation of customers as may be applicable, subject to the terms of the insurance policy.
A copy of the policy is available on request.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the Travel & General claims helpline on +44 (0) 1702 811397.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox SA, (reference number RCS Luxembourg B217018). Hiscox SA is subject to the supervision of the Commissariat aux Assurances with its branch in Ireland being registered with the Companies Registration Office (company number 908764) and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland (reference C184313). t&g are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849).
Thank you for choosing to travel on one of our official ticket inclusive travel packages.
Please read this document carefully as it sets out the terms of our relationship with you. All of our Package Terms & Conditions (Package Terms) are important. We recommend that you print/keep a copy for your records.
When we dispatch our Booking Confirmation Email to you, this is the stage that your contract forms with us and is binding. If you then choose to cancel your package, the cancellation charges set out in these Package Terms will apply, which can be 100%.
You can make changes to your booking in certain circumstances. We make a charge for this. We can change and cancel your booking. We’ll pay you compensation in certain circumstances. Please note all communications to our suppliers must be through us and you agree not to contact them directly.
You must not transfer, resell, offer, expose or make available any Tickets or other services you purchase from us. For example, you may not offer tickets for sale on an auction website or secondary ticket market website, or split your package and sell each service separately.
We are responsible to you for providing your holiday but there are legal limits. We are a Member of The Commission for Aviation Regulation (licence 0260) through which we provide protection for the monies you pay for packages booked with us. We provide this security by way of a bond held by CAR.
These special terms are specific to the Rugby Travel Ireland official ticket inclusive travel and/or accommodation packages, for the British & Irish Lions Tour 2021, South Africa.
(1) By making a booking request, you promise to us that you are at least 18 years old and that you are a permanent resident of the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Great Britain or the European Union/EEA. If this is not true then you may not make a booking request and any booking requests that do not comply with this promise will be cancelled.
TRAVELLING TO SOUTH AFRICA WITH CHILDREN
(2) If you are travelling to South Africa with children, there are strict immigration rules. For more information and to ensure you meet these requirements check the travel advice before making your booking. Please visit https://www.dfa.ie/ or https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/south-africa for the latest travel advice.
PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS WHEN TRAVELLING TO SOUTH AFRICA
(3) To enter South Africa, it is advised that your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of entry to South Africa and passports must have at least two blank pages. For more information and to ensure you meet these requirements check the travel advice before you depart. For Irish Citizens check with the Department of Foreign Affairs https://www.dfa.ie/ and for UK Citizens check with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
(4) To enter South Africa, you may need a visa or be subject to other entry requirements. For a list of visa exempt countries please visit http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/immigration-services/exempt-countries.
(5) Malaria risk is present in South Africa throughout the year. It is important that you have checked with a medical professional well in advance of your departure date for any advice. For more information please visit The Tropical Medical Bureau: https://www.tmb.ie/ or Fit for Travel: https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home
COVID-19 AND OTHER COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
(6) The Entities cannot prevent any Party Members from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 or any other communicable disease while attending the British & Irish Lions Tour 2021. It is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to travel you are aware and accept that you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19 or any such communicable diseases. By accepting these terms and booking a package with RTI, you and your Group assume the risk to and understand this warning concerning COVID-19 or any such communicable diseases. In this regard any Party Member waives the right to bring any claims relating to COVID-19 or any communicable diseases except for death or personal injury where caused by our negligence.
The total price of the package does not include any additional COVID-19 related checks or compliance with additional requirements when using services forming part of your package or upon entry into or exit from countries. You will need to pay for these yourself and we do not provide any assistance.
SAFETY & SECURITY
(8) It is important that you check in advance of your date of travel for any travel advice regarding your safety and security. For more information please visit https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/south-africa/ and https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/south-africa/safety-and-security
SECTION 1 – HOW TO MAKE YOUR BOOKING
YOUR BOOKING REQUEST AND OUR BOOKING REQUEST ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
(1) You may make a booking request online via our website or by returning to us a signed booking request form. After completing your booking request and paying the required deposit (See Section 3 – Payment) you should receive a Provisional Booking Acknowledgement Email from us acknowledging that we have received your booking request. If you have not received a Booking Request Acknowledgement Email from us after submitting your booking request, please contact us (see Section 19 – Contact).
(2) By making a booking request, you promise that you are at least 18 years old and that you are a permanent resident of the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Great Britain or the European Union/EEA. Any booking requests that do not comply with this will be cancelled.
WHEN YOUR CONTRACT WITH US FORMS
(3) We will consider your booking request and then send you a Booking Confirmation Email if we accept it. Your contract with us forms and is binding when we dispatch our Booking Confirmation Email to you. If we do not accept your booking request, we will not send you a Booking Confirmation Email and no contract will form. We will contact you if we cannot accept your booking request.
(4) Confirmation of your booking request for one of our packages is subject to availability and at our sole discretion.
CHECKING YOUR BOOKING CONFIRMATION EMAIL
(5) It is your responsibility to check the travel package detailed in your Booking Confirmation Email is complete and accurate as this is what we will provide. If it is not complete or accurate you must let us know within five working days of receipt, any changes after this time may be subject to administration and/or cancellation charges as set out in Sections – 4, 5 and 6.
(6) It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, the information in your Booking Confirmation Email may be incorrect (for example, an incorrect ticket category has been listed). If we discover an error in your Booking Confirmation Email we will inform you in writing of this error and we will give you the option of:
(a) paying any additional fees to continue to purchase the package as incorrectly listed in your Booking Confirmation Email;
(b) accepting the correction to the Booking Confirmation Email; or
(c) cancelling your package and receiving a full refund.
(7) We will not proceed until we have your written instructions. If we are unable to contact you within seven days of the discovery of the error using the contact details you have provided, we will treat the package as cancelled, refund all payments made and notify you in writing. Please note that if the error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you, we do not have to provide the incorrectly stated elements to you at the incorrect price. The provision of the original or incorrectly stated elements are subject to availability at the date the mistake is brought to our attention.
(8) Payment is required at the time your booking request is made and we hold your payment until your booking request is confirmed. If we do not accept your booking request, we will return your payment to you.
CONDITIONAL BOOKING REQUESTS
(9) We do not accept booking requests that are conditional on any special requests you have made, unless we confirm this in your Booking Confirmation Email.
(10) If we have provided you with a quote it will remain valid for 48 hours unless we say otherwise. If you choose to progress the quote, you must confirm this to us in writing and our acceptance of your booking request is still subject to availability at the time of booking and no contract will form until we issue you with a Booking Confirmation Email.
SECTION 2 – YOUR BOOKING
THE LEAD BOOKER
(1) You (as the Lead Booker) must accept the Package Terms in order to submit a booking request. When you make a booking request, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept all of the Package Terms on behalf of your travelling party (Group). You are responsible for ensuring all of your Group comply with the Package Terms.
(2) The booking contract is made up of these Package Terms and your Booking Confirmation Email and is between us and the Lead Booker. We will only discuss the booking with the Lead Booker, except where we have (at our sole discretion) agreed with the Lead Booker to discuss the booking with a named third party and have received from the Lead Booker written authorisation confirming the named third party’s details.
IF THE LEAD BOOKER IS NOT TRAVELLING
(3) If the Lead Booker submits the booking request but will not be part of the Group then the person listed as Party Member 1 will become the Lead Party Member. The Lead Booker will receive all correspondence in respect of the booking and will be the main contact for the booking, unless you tell us otherwise in writing. The contract will remain with the Lead Booker.
(4) When the Group is travelling, the Lead Party Member will be the main contact for the Group and will receive all travel information.
(5) Your booking request is for the accommodation/travel services you have selected and may include official match tickets (Tickets). We call this your “package” and will confirm these details to you in writing in a Booking Confirmation Email when your booking request is accepted.
(6) The content, duration and particulars of a package may vary from the date of publication of a quote, brochure, marketing material or content on our website to when your booking is confirmed. You should check if your package has changed prior to making your booking request.
THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF YOUR BOOKING
(7) We reserve the right to alter these Package Terms from time to time in accordance with changes to legislation, regulations and ABTA Guidelines and Code of Conduct.
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
(8) Children under the age of 18 will be refused travel unless each child is accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please contact us if you are planning to travel with children to discuss arrangements (see Section 7 – General Travel Information).
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
(9) Your package includes those products and services confirmed to you in the Booking Confirmation Email. If you purchase additional, upgrades, products and services, they do not form part of your package and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Please note that a third party’s terms and conditions may change from the time of booking their products or services. Unless you book and pay for additional products and services through us we are not responsible for them.
(10) We do not guarantee that any optional additional service or product mentioned in our brochures, on our websites or elsewhere will be available to book during your holiday and/or will operate as advertised as these services are not under our control. They may not be available for various reasons and are strictly subject to availability. Any prices given in advance are indicative only. We will not be liable if you cannot, for whatever reason, book any such additional product or service.
TRANSFERRING YOUR BOOKING
(11) Your package is not transferable unless we agree otherwise and confirm this in writing. You must not sell, advertise for sale, donate (including charity donations), auction or raffle your package, or any part of it (including the Tickets, entry to special events etc.), to another person, company or organisation. If you breach this obligation the Ticket issuer may cancel your Tickets and we reserve the right to cancel your booking (without liability to you) and retain your money or refuse to transfer your booking. Nothing in this clause is intended to exclude or limit your statutory rights in relation to your package.
(12) The Lead Booker may transfer the package to another person (Transferee) who satisfies all conditions applicable to the package by giving us reasonable notice of the transfer. Any request for transfer must be made in writing by the Lead Booker and the Lead Booker and the Transferee must sign our transfer of booking form.
(13) Both the Lead Booker and the Transferee will be responsible for paying all costs incurred by us in respect of the transfer (please see Sections – 4 and 5) and the Novation charge.
(14) The closer the transfer request is made to the departure date; the more likely certain travel arrangements may not be transferable and could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% (for example flight tickets).
(15) If the flights included in your package have been ticketed before the transfer date, it is highly unlikely that the airlines will be able to transfer the ticket to the Transferee. It is likely that there will be a cancellation charge of 100% of the original flight cost, with the Transferee then having to purchase a new flight (subject to availability).
(16) The Ticket issuer’s Ticket Terms and Conditions will apply to the transfer of the Tickets included in a package over which we have no control. It may not be possible for the Tickets to be transferred as they have been named (for security purposes) or have already been sent out to the Lead Booker before the transfer date.
(17) We will advise you at the time of your transfer request any difficulties with the transfer, together with the anticipated costs and charges applicable.
SECTION 3 – PAYMENT
PAYMENT OF YOUR PACKAGE
(1) The price of your package must be paid in accordance with the payment terms selected at the time of your Booking Request.
We are offering the following three payment plans. If you are looking for an alternative plan then please contact us to discuss.
(2) We will invoice you for the total amount of your booking with your Booking Confirmation Email and confirm the instalments and payment dates.
(3) If your booking is made less than 10 weeks before the date of travel you must pay in full.
(4) When you make your booking request you must pay a deposit per person which becomes non-refundable if and when we send you the Booking Confirmation Email.
(5) You may pay by any payment method we make available to you at the time of payment or as set out on our invoice. Available payment methods will be set out on the relevant payment screen or in the payment documentation.
(6) You must pay us in Euros. You will be responsible for paying all bank and foreign exchange charges as applicable.
LATE AND NON-PAYMENT
(7) In the event you are not required to make payment of the deposit at the time of your booking request, should you fail to pay the deposit within 48 hours or such shorter period as we notify to you from the date of making your booking request, we reserve the right to deem your booking request withdrawn and cancelled.
(8) If for any reason any payments are not received by us by the due dates, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and levy a cancellation charge as though there had been a cancellation.
(9) We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the packages shown in our brochures or on our website.
(10) You will be advised of the current price of the package that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed. If there is a pricing error on our website, we will contact you before we confirm your booking.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
(11) Your Booking Confirmation Email will specify what is included in the price of your package.
(12) The following are not included in any package price unless specified and you should budget for these expenses accordingly: Visa applications (not applicable to ROI or UK citizens), destination airport departure taxes, early check-in, late check-out, inoculations, transport to and from your ROI or UK departure point, transport to and from our special events, transport to and from the matches, insurance, porterage, car parking, excursions, gratuities, internet access, excess baggage costs, additional baggage, baggage storage, meals, snacks and beverages. This is not an exhaustive list – if it is not detailed on the itinerary of the tour that you booked then it is not included in your package.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT
(13) The Lead Booker is responsible and liable for payment for all Party Members.
(14) A third party may make payment on behalf of the Lead Booker; however, the contract remains with the Lead Booker regardless of who has made payment.
(15) If, applicable, refunds will only be made to the payment source from which the payment originated.
ADDITIONAL NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSITS
(16) Additional non-refundable deposits may be required for upgrades and other non-standard products or services you request from us. Such deposits do not form part of the cancellation terms (see Section 6 – Cancellation).
(17) If required, we will write to you to confirm when and how you will have to pay an additional payment.
(18) These additional payments may become non-refundable in part or full if we have made commitments to suppliers for those services for which we are unable to receive a full refund or are charged a cancellation fee.
SECTION 4 – CHARGES
(1) The total price of the package is inclusive of taxes (except as set out in these Package Terms). Additional costs and charges that you may be required to pay (which are not included in your booking) are set out in this section.
IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS AND ASSISTANCE
(2) The total price of the package does not include immigration documents (for example VISAs) or any immigration assistance. You will need to pay for these documents and services. We do not provide any immigration assistance.
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT
(3) Unless stated otherwise in your Booking Confirmation Email all our rates and charges are calculated on the total occupancy of the room being filled by your Group. All bookings for single room occupancy, (which may include a single bed only) or odd number Group bookings (the total number in your Group is lower than the total occupancy of the rooms booked) will be subject to our Single Room Supplement unless we agree otherwise in writing.
(4) A Single Room Supplement will be applied if you amend your booking and the total number in your Group is lower than the total occupancy of the rooms booked.
Example: A Group of four booked two twin rooms. The Lead Booker wishes to amend the booking, reducing the Group to three. As the total number in the Group (3) is lower than the total occupancy of the rooms (4), a Single Room Supplement would be applied in addition to the Change to Package (non-flight) Charge.
(5) The price of your package covers the cost of postage for your documents and merchandise (as applicable) within the ROI and UK only. If you require postage outside the ROI or UK (and we agree to provide this) or special delivery instructions are requested by you, an additional postage/courier charge will be payable by you before the documents and merchandise are sent. We are unable to calculate these charges at the time of your booking request. Please contact us for further information if required.
(6) If you require postage outside of the ROI or UK (and we agree to provide this subject to you paying the applicable fees), the package(s) may require customs clearance, which may incur delays and customs charges of which you will be responsible to pay. You promise that you will provide all necessary information in order for us to arrange the delivery and such information will be accurate and provided without delay. You consent to us providing the delivery company with your contact information and any other relevant information for the purposes of arranging postage. We are unable to track packages once they have left the ROI.
(7) We will not send any packages until we have received full payment of your Final Balance.
(8) We do not guarantee that you will receive one package per booking and items may arrive in multiple packages. We cannot guarantee that all packages will arrive at the same time.
(9) Departure taxes may apply to your package which you will need to pay for separately to your package price.
(10) The table sets out our charges and fees. Some fees can vary depending on the nature of your request.
Any changes to package (non-flight) @ €30 per Party Member per change
Any Flight Amendments @ €150 per Party Member per change
Novation (the act of substituting a valid existing contract with a replacement contract, where all concerned parties mutually agree to make the switch) @ €30 per number of Party Members
(11) All charges are charged separate to the package contract and are non-refundable. You will be invoiced and required to make 100% payment upfront before your request is confirmed.
SECTION 5 – CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
YOUR REQUEST TO AMEND YOUR BOOKING
(1) If, after you have received your Booking Confirmation Email, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, please contact us to discuss your requirements. Please note changes may not always be possible.
(2) Any request for changes must be made in writing (which shall include email) by the Lead Booker.
(3) You will be required to pay the relevant charges (as set out in Section 4 – Charges) if we agree to amend your booking, together with any other increase in price or charge as a result of the amendment. We will confirm the charges and costs in advance of making the amendment.
(4) You should be aware that the closer to the departure date, the more difficult and costly changes are. You should contact us as soon as possible if you want to consider amending your booking.
(5) Certain travel arrangements cannot be changed after a reservation has been made. Any amendment to those arrangements could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100%.
(6) In addition to our charges (see Section 4 – Charges), suppliers may charge us for making your amendments. If they do, we will pass these charges on to you.
(7) Amendments to products and services that do not form part of your package will be subject to the terms and conditions applicable to those products and services.
IF WE CHANGE YOUR PACKAGE
(8) We make arrangements for your package a long time in advance. Given this lead in time we may have to make insignificant changes to your arrangements and we reserve the right to do so at any time. We will advise the Lead Booker of any changes in writing at the earliest possible date.
(9) If we are constrained by circumstances beyond our control and make a ‘major change’ to your package or cannot fulfil any special requirements that we have previously accepted, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. You will have the choice of either:
(a) accepting the change of arrangements; or
(b) accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value); or
(c) cancelling your package and receiving a full refund of all monies paid in respect of your package within 14 days of your cancellation.
(10) We will inform you of any alternative package we are offering, the period within which you must inform us of your decision, and the consequences of failure to respond within this period. If we do not receive a response within two attempts to contact you about this change, we reserve the right to terminate our contract with you and refund all monies paid.
(11) If you chose option (c) above, we will refund any money you have paid to us and where you are advised of the change within six weeks of departure, we will pay compensation on the following scale:
|Compensation per Party Member|
|Period Before Departure (days)||More than 42||29-41||15-28||9-15||0-8|
A compensation payment discharges all our liabilities to you and by accepting it, you agree to waive any other rights you may have. If we are otherwise required to pay compensation, the amounts above shall apply.
(12) If the change is not a ‘major change’ we will not provide any compensation or refund any expenses or other costs incurred and you will not be entitled to cancel free of charge.
(13) We will not pay you compensation if we must cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute (strikes), terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, ash clouds, adverse weather conditions, drought, match fixture or scheduling changes, epidemics, pandemics and unavoidable technical problems with transport.
(14) Changes to events, additional services and excursions will be separate to your package and will not require us to pay you compensation.
(15) A major change before departure includes a change of:
(a) Departure airport (excluding a change of London airports); or
(b) Outbound departure time or overall length of your holiday of 12 or more hours on a package of 14 days duration, or 24 or more hours on a package of 21 days duration (this only applies once we have confirmed your final itinerary to you specifying your flight details).
(16) A major change does not include a change:
(a) of travel service provider;
(b) of the type/method of transportation (for example, flight to coach, coach to flight);
(c) to, or cancellation of, an event you are attending;
(d) to match venues for a match which you are due to attend;
(e) to scheduled match dates and times to which we are providing Tickets;
(f) to additional elements such as excursions; or
(g) of accommodation if the new accommodation is of the same or a higher standard.
(17) In the event that we are unable to perform your package for reasons arising from the termination of our appointment as an official sub agent, we will offer you the option to transfer our future obligations and liabilities under the contract to Lions Rugby Travel (“LRT”) at no extra cost to you so that LRT can continue to deliver your package and you can attend the Tour. You agree to accept that in those circumstances LRT will perform the package (to the extent it is able) and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to LRT. In the event that LRT perform your contract under this clause your package will be provided subject to LRT Package Terms and Conditions found at https://www.lionstour.com/terms-and-conditions/. You will have the right to enforce the contract and pursue any claims or demands under it with respect to matters arising before the transfer with us (but not LRT) and nothing in the transfer of your package to LRT shall affect or prejudice any claim or demand that either of us have against the other relating to matters occurring before the date of transfer. If you do not agree to the transfer (which is at your sole discretion), your package will be terminated.
SECTION 6 – CANCELLATION
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR PACKAGE
(1) You may cancel your package at any time prior to the start of your trip subject to the cancellation charges set out below.
(2) A cancellation can only be accepted in writing from the Lead Booker and is only effective from the date it is received in our offices.
(3) Since we incur costs in cancelling your package arrangements:
(a) we will retain all non-refundable deposits you have already paid us; and
(b) where the non-refundable deposit you have paid is less than the cancellation charge; you will be required to pay the difference as well as any other costs which we are committed to with our suppliers for your booking that are non-refundable before the date of cancellation.
(4) The following scale of cancellation charges will apply:
|Time Before Departure (Days)||181+||180 – 85||84 – 56||55 – 42||41 – 28||27 or less|
|Cancellation charge as a percentage of total package cost||Deposit||25%||50%||70%||90%||100%|
(5) The cancellation charges or retention set out will be applied regardless of the reason for cancellation. However, if the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges from your insurer.
(6) At minimum, your non-refundable deposit(s) and cancellation charges will be retained to cover the costs of the sale to you and subsequent re-sale (if possible). These are a genuine pre-estimate of our losses incurred due to your cancellation and it is irrelevant whether we re-sell your package or not. Please note, if special arrangements have been specifically made for you, the cancellation charges will be higher as our losses will also increase due to the bespoke nature of the special arrangements and the likely impossibility of resale. Please note we are not required to re-sell your cancelled package. If you have cancelled your package and you are owed a refund, you will receive this within 14 days after the date we confirm the cancellation.
CANCELLATION AND UNAVOIDABLE AND EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES
(7) You may cancel your booking without paying cancellation charges if the performance of your package, or the carriage of Party Members to your destination, is significantly affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances at the destination of your package or within its immediate vicinity. In such circumstances, we will arrange for your booking to be terminated and for you to receive a full refund. We will observe advice provided by the ROI Department of Foreign Affairs.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES FOR NON-REFUNDABLE AMENDMENTS
(8) When you opt for upgrades, make bespoke travel arrangements or other special arrangements we may commit money on your behalf with the end supplier. Often the end supplier will require us to pay a non-refundable deposit and balance payments to secure these. If you cancel a package and we cannot recover the monies from the end supplier for these arrangements we will charge this amount to you or deduct this from any refund in addition to the cancellation charges set out in the relevant terms applicable to that additional element. Cancellations for events and other additional products or services are dealt with in the relevant additional product or service terms.
(9) If you are required to pay for any amendment to your package and we require payment for that amendment in full at the time of amendment, that payment will be a non-refundable deposit and the scale of cancellation charges above will not apply.
Example 1: The package cost for two people is €5,000. The Lead Booker requests an amendment to the flights in the package. The Lead Booker is informed that the amendment is non-refundable and will require payment in full of €2,000 for the flight and €300 administration charge. The Lead Booker has paid €7,000 and a €300 administration charge. 60 days before travel, the Lead Booker wishes to cancel the booking. The Lead Booker will receive €2,500 (being 50% of the package costs). We will retain €4,800 being 50% of the package costs, 100% of the non-refundable amendment and the €300 administration charge.
Example 2: The package cost for two people is €5,000. The Lead Booker requests an amendment to the flights in the package. The Lead Booker is informed that the amendment does not require payment in full, however the package cost (and subsequent instalment payments) has increased by €2,000, totalling €7,000. The Lead Booker pays the €300 administration charge. 60 days before travel, the Lead Booker wishes to cancel the booking. The Lead Booker will receive €3,500 (being 50% of the package costs). We will retain €3,800 being 50% of the package costs and the €300 administration charge.
(10) If you wish to change the flights included in your package and they have been ticketed before the date you make your request to change the flights, it is highly unlikely that the airlines will be able to transfer or amend the flight. It is likely that there will be a cancellation charge of 100% of the original flight cost, with you then having to purchase the new flight (subject to availability). See Section 11 – Flights for more information on ticketing of flights.
CANCELLATION OF A PARTY MEMBER ONLY
(11) If you have made a Group booking and wish to cancel part of the package for a Party Member within your Group but the remainder of the Group still intends to travel, then the cancellation charges will apply as above but in relation to the pro rata total package cost attributed to that Party Member. If this change creates an odd number within your Group then you will have to pay the Single Room Supplement (see Section 4 – Charges).
NON-USE OF SERVICES
(12) If you choose not to receive part of the services you have booked or you finish your stay or trip part way through you will not be entitled to a refund for the products and services that you do not utilise.
IF WE CANCEL YOUR PACKAGE
(13) We reserve the right to cancel your booking. We will not cancel your travel arrangements after your Final Balance payment, except:
(a) for unavoidable and extraordinary circumstance;
(b) for failure by you to pay any instalment by the due date or the Final Balance; or
(c) if you are in serious breach of these Package Terms (for example the Ticket Terms and Conditions or Section 21 Customer Code of Conduct).
Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
(14) If we cancel your package (other than for non-payment of your package instalments or for a serious breach of these Package Terms, for example a breach of the Section 21 – Customer Code of Conduct), you can accept an offer of an alternative package of comparable standard from us, if available, (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value) or you may have a refund of all monies paid.
(15) If it is necessary to cancel your travel arrangements, other than for reasons outside of our control or your failure to pay, we will pay to you compensation equivalent to the relevant level set out as follows:
(16) If we cancel your package because you are in serious breach of these Package Terms (for example the Ticket Terms and Conditions or Section 21 – Customer Code of Conduct), the contract with us will terminate immediately and we will have no further responsibility or liability to you.
SECTION 7 – GENERAL TRAVEL INFORMATION
ACCESSIBLE TRAVEL & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
(1) Everyone is welcome to travel with us but we will need to know if you require any assistance on flights, at accommodation, stadia, event venues or on travel services, have reduced mobility or have a medical condition that might affect your ability to travel with us.
(2) Due to the nature of attending sporting events at large stadia, there may be considerable walks, queuing, extended travel time, limited space and other practicalities associated with large crowds of people. Distance between parking areas or local transportation and stadiums may not be known prior to the event. If you have concerns as to whether this is suitable for any of your Group, please contact us.
(3) Please contact us to discuss your requirements if you believe any Party Member has any medical condition or disability that may affect active participation in the package activities.
(4) You must let us know about your special requirements when you make your booking request so that we can make arrangements with our suppliers. Special requirements are not always possible, are subject to availability and may incur additional charges. You will be required to complete a questionnaire (after your booking has been accepted by us) and this is where we request details of any special requirements.
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS / FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE (FCO) TRAVEL ADVICE
(5) As you are most likely travelling outside of ROI, Northern Ireland or Great Britain, we advise you to regularly check the DFA (https://www.dfa.ie/ ) or the FCO (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice) for specific travel advice.
PASSPORT, VISA AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
(6) It is the Lead Booker’s responsibility to check that the Group:
(a) are in possession of valid passports and any appropriate visas. You should check passport and visa requirements well in advance. (see Section 4 – Charges). Any charges, fines etc., that may be levied by authorities in the ROI / UK or further overseas for non-compliance of regulations in this area will be recharged to the Lead Booker;
(b) have checked with a medical professional well in advance of your departure date that you and your Group are fit to travel and which vaccinations or inoculations are advisable for the chosen destination. Please see The Tropical Medical Bureau: https://www.tmb.ie/ and Fit for Travel: https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home
(c) have checked for advice about travelling with medicines. Visit either https://www.dfa.ie/travel/know-before-you-go/travel-insurance-and-health/ or https://www.gov.uk/guidance/foreign-travel-checklist#before-you-go.
(7) Medication and medical equipment may need to be declared in advance to local customs authorities. You may be required to package medication and medical equipment in accordance with local customs and authorities and may be required to present a letter from a doctor or a copy of a prescription to allow you to bring medication or medical equipment into the country. It is your responsibility to check if any such restrictions apply to any medication or medical equipment you intend to travel with.
(8) Where your flight includes transit through another country, you will be required to comply with that country’s entry requirements. Where your travel itinerary includes a stop-over/stay abroad you may need to obtain and pay for a VISA (or equivalent immigration papers prior to departure) but we will notify you in advance of departure if this is the case (see Section 4 – Charges).
(9) Customs/border patrol restrict what you can bring into a country on arrival and carry out inspections at the borders. Please review https://www.dfa.ie/travel/know-before-you-go/ or www.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo for further information on customs requirements.
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
(10) You must inform us of any children that are part of your Group. Each travel service provider operates different rules regarding children and you must ensure compliance with these rules.
(11) It is advised that children travel in a travel seat appropriate to their age. You are responsible for providing and fitting the seat yourself. Whilst a child travel seat is recommended it may not always possible to fit these on some of transport providers’ services.
(12) Any child travel seat that is left on a vehicle is left at your risk. We shall not have any liability to you for any loss or damage to a child travel seat that was left on a vehicle.
LOST PROPERTY AND LEFT BELONGINGS
(13) You take luggage and valuables at your own risk and we shall not be liable for any of your personal property being lost, stolen or damaged.
(14) We are not obliged to return to accommodation, travel services, events or excursions used by the Party Members to collect personal belongings left behind by you or any Party Member. Accommodation, travel, event and excursion providers are not obliged to hold or return lost property. Any assistance with the return of lost property by either us or the providers may incur additional charges but we will do our utmost for you.
SECTION 8 – TRAVEL INSURANCE
TRAVELLING WITH US
(1) It is a condition of booking with Rugby Travel Ireland that you and the rest of your Party Members MUST have travel insurance in place. Your travel insurance should cover the cost of cancellation, medical expenses, loss of luggage or money, personal liability claims, participation in activities and costs of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident, injury, illness or death. You should check any exclusions and, in particular, that your policy covers you for the activities you want to undertake.
(2) You promise and undertake on behalf of yourself and each Party Member to:
(a) arrange travel insurance;
(b) not hold us responsible for any costs incurred by any Party Member due to your (or their) failure to take out adequate insurance; and
(c) indemnify us for any costs incurred by any Party Member due to your (or each Party Member’s) failure to take out adequate insurance.
(3) Confirmation of the above in no way limits or excludes your statutory rights or limits the legal obligation owed to you where the providers of your holiday/travel arrangements (such as an airline or accommodation provider) are at fault. By booking a travel package with us you agree to the indemnity detailed above and detailed during the booking process.
(4) Generally, most insurance policies apply limits and exclusions based on the cost of the travel package and your time spent abroad in any one year. It is your responsibility to check that you have adequate cover under your policy.
(5) In addition, it is your responsibility to make sure there are no exclusion clauses within your policy relating to the activities or excursions to be undertaken during the travel package.
(6) It is your choice but we strongly recommend that you are covered from the time of booking as this may assist you in recovering monies paid in the unfortunate event of you having to cancel your trip and other events prior to your travel date.
(7) All comments about insurance are intended to be general and not to amount to regulated financial advice or recommendation. If you are in doubt you should speak to your insurance broker/provider.
SECTION 9 – INCLUSIONS & EXTRAS
(1) If entry into one of our events is included in your Booking Confirmation Email we will confirm the details of your attendance and the event inclusions in your final itinerary or event documentation.
(2) Your Group will be required to comply with the venue operator’s terms of entry which will include policies on acceptable behaviour. If you are unable or choose not to attend the event there is no refund or cash alternative available. Your right to enter the event is not transferable and is at our discretion.
(3) We or our service providers may refuse entry or exercise the right of ejection if you or a Party Member are deemed to be behaving inappropriately (including but not limited to aggressive behaviour and drunken behaviour) and/or failing to follow instructions.
(4) If we are prevented from holding the event for reasons outside of our control then no refund will be payable.
(5) At our events we may be fortunate to gain privileged access to celebrities, coaches or players who we ask to speak openly and freely to provide you with an enhanced insight and experience. In order to provide an environment where our celebrities, coaches and players feel comfortable to speak freely, we ask you to refrain from recording (audio and/or visual) and/or publicly disseminating any part of our event. Still photography is permitted.
(6) The celebrities, coaches and players in attendance at an event are at our complete discretion and you acknowledge that those persons advertised as being in attendance at an event may change at short notice. In addition, the date, time and venue of an event may change due to reasons outside of our control. We will not be liable for the cost of any arrangements you have made which you no longer require.
(7) Celebrities, coaches or players in attendance at the event have the freedom to express their own views and opinions. You acknowledge that the views and opinions expressed are not necessarily a representation of the views and opinions of us or our commercial partners.
(8) We have no control over the language or experiences expressed by the celebrities, coaches or players in attendance at the event. Adult language may be used at our events which may not be suitable for children.
(9) Photographers may be in attendance at the event and may capture your image. It is a condition of entry into the event that you and your Group consent to use and publication of your image and likeness by us for any purpose we see fit (including marketing purposes).
(10) Transport to and from the event is your own responsibility and is not provided as part of any package unless otherwise stated in your Booking Confirmation Email and/or itinerary.
(11) Food and drinks are allocated based on the number of attendees, however items may run out. Food and drinks may not be removed from our events.
(12) There is no reserved seating for you or your Group at our events and seats are given on a first come basis. Although we aim to ensure there is adequate seating, due to the nature of some events you may be required to stand. At the discretion of the organiser some seating may be reserved.
ENTRY INTO ATTRACTIONS
(13) If your package includes admission tickets for an attraction, day out, performance or show, such tickets will be subject to the ticket issuer’s terms and conditions in addition to the venue’s terms of entry.
(14) Once tickets are sent to you these cannot be replaced if lost, stolen, damaged or defaced after delivery.
(15) There are no cash refunds available if you do not use your admission tickets.
(16) Where your package includes merchandise, you will be required to submit sizing choices for you and your Group at the point that you purchase your package or at a later date.
(17) Please note that sizing varies between providers. We will provide sizing guides where available, but these are for information purposes only. We will endeavour to provide the nearest size if your size is not available. Merchandise sizes are subject to availability. Once selected it will not be possible to change your selected size. Some items of merchandise may only be available in unisex sizes. Women may be given men’s sizes if the equivalent women’s size is unavailable.
(18) If you require children sizes you must make this known to us at the time you place your booking. We will endeavour to provide children sizes but this will be subject to availability.
(19) You acknowledge that where merchandise is provided as part of your package, items provided in men’s and women’s merchandise packs may or may not differ.
20) We will not accept requests to return or exchange items of merchandise. The exception to this is where the item is faulty and/or damaged. In this instance where the fault/damaged is proven to be genuine we will provide you with a replacement/repair for the faulty/damaged item at our cost. You will be responsible for returning the item to us. We will reimburse your reasonable costs of returning the faulty item to us.
(21) If you cancel your package before we provide you with the merchandise forming part of your package, you will not receive that merchandise, and this shall not alter or affect the cancellation charges payable by you.
(22) If we are able to offer official hospitality products to you as an addition or inclusion to your package, the official hospitality product will be subject to the official hospitality provider’s terms and conditions, available on request.
(23) For any excursion that you book that has separate terms and conditions, a separate contract is formed and does not form part of your package. If you book excursions independently, we are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or for anything that happens during the course of the provision of the services by the excursion operator.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESSIBLE TRAVEL
(24) You will be required to complete a questionnaire (after your booking has been accepted by us) and this is where we request details of any special requirements. We will liaise with our suppliers and confirm to you the arrangements available. We are not liable for the supplier’s ability to cater for special dietary requirements and you acknowledge that the standards of replacement meals may not be comparable with European standards. Any special dietary requests may incur additional charges.
(25) Please let us know on this questionnaire if you require any assistance to travel for example if you require wheelchair access and we will liaise with our suppliers and confirm to you the arrangements available. We will try to meet your special requirements however these are not always possible, are subject to availability and may incur additional charges.
SECTION 10 – ACCOMMODATION
(1) The package and accommodation rating do not have any correlation to the Ticket category included in your package. Where possible, star ratings have been provided by the accommodation providers directly and may not correlate to the comparable European ratings.
(2) You acknowledge that you have been provided with sufficient information to make an assessment as to whether your accommodation is suitable for your needs, irrespective of how we have classified it. You should not rely on our and/or local classification systems to infer facilities and standards of the accommodation that is comparable with European Standards.
(3) Any photographs for accommodation used and information provided are for the purposes of illustration only and should not be taken to be literal representations of actual facilities, accommodations or services offered unless otherwise advised. Such information and photographs are provided to us by the accommodation service providers therefore we cannot guarantee their completeness or accuracy.
ACCOMMODATION TERMS OF OCCUPANCY
(4) Our accommodation providers will have terms of occupancy that you will be required to accept when you check-in. These are often available on the accommodation provider’s website. These may be updated from time to time and you must agree to the terms of occupancy.
ROOM TYPE AND CONFIGURATION
(5) Your room type and configuration will be specified in your Booking Confirmation Email but you acknowledge that an accommodation provider can change this at their discretion and at short notice. As the accommodation provider reserves this right in our contract with them and we do not have control over this we shall not be liable to you for any changes to your room type or configuration that are imposed on us.
(6) Your accommodation is detailed as per the tour itinerary that you chose to book. We reserve the right to change accommodation but to the same rating.
(7) The following are not included in any package price unless specified and you should budget for these expenses accordingly: early check-in, porterage, late check-out, storage charge, any room service, mini bar purchases, internet access, telephone charges, pay-tv services, spa and pool access, parking, food or beverage (unless breakfast is included) or any other service charges. This means your Group must settle all bills for additional purchases before you leave.
(8) Please note that not some accommodation types may not have dining areas, bars, room service, Wi-Fi/internet access, spa, fitness and swimming facilities, safes (in rooms or on site for the secure storage of belongings are not a confirmed facility) or other services.
(9) Please note that some accommodation types may not provide cleaning services to rooms on a daily basis, including but not limited to change of towels and toiletry refreshment.
(10) You acknowledge that we have no control over the design, layout, floor allocation and views of the rooms provided as part of your package therefore we cannot guarantee any specific requests can be met.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT
(11) Our accommodation providers may request you to provide a credit card on check-in for pre-authorisation or providing a cash bond for guaranteeing additional spending.
(12) Individual check-in and check-out times will be confirmed in your final itinerary or supporting documents. Group check-in times may differ to individual check-in times and those displayed on the accommodation websites.
(13) It may not be possible to use loyalty cards or member schemes in connection with the accommodation. Accommodation may not be deemed to be eligible in accordance with the relevant scheme’s rules meaning that awards, points or similar may not accrue in connection with the stay.
(14) The format, style and content of breakfast is at the accommodation providers’ discretion, as such it may not be a traditional ‘Fry Up’ or ‘continental breakfast’ and may be local cuisine.
(15) Breakfast will be the standard breakfast supplied by the accommodation provider and as such it will not include the cost of all the items detailed on the breakfast menu.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESSIBLE TRAVEL
(16) Please let us know as soon as possible (via the online questionnaire that we send after your booking has been confirmed) if you have any specific dietary requirements and we will liaise with our suppliers and confirm to you the arrangements available. We are not liable for the supplier’s ability to cater for special dietary requirements and you acknowledge that the standards of replacement meals may not be comparable with European standards. Please note any special dietary requests may incur additional charges.
(17) Please let us know as soon as possible (via the online questionnaire that we send after your booking has been confirmed) if you require any assistance to travel for example if you require wheelchair access and we will liaise with our suppliers and confirm to you the arrangements available. We will try to meet your special requirements however these are not always possible, are subject to availability and may incur additional charges.
USE OF THE ACCOMMODATION
(18) Accommodation must be used by the Party Members named in your booking. You must not allow other people to stay in your room(s). You are not permitted to change the room names at check-in and any room name change requests must be made to us prior to your date of travel and will incur a package amendment charge (see Section 4 – Charges).
(19) All children under 18 years of age staying at accommodation must be accompanied by an adult and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
(20) Children under the age of 18 are required to be in the same room as their accompanying adult.
(21) Please let us know as soon as possible if you require a cot for a child as this must be pre-arranged with the accommodation provider. We will liaise with our suppliers to try and meet your requests, but you understand that these will be subject to availability at the discretion and control of the accommodation provider and may incur additional charges.
(22) Babysitting and/or child-minding services may be available at your accommodation. Any babysitting and/or child-minding arrangements you make do not form part of your package supplied by us and are your responsibility, made at your own risk and we shall not be liable.
(23) You will be responsible for any breakages, damage or other liabilities you or your Group incur during your stay at the accommodation we provide.
(24) If you or any Party Member are refused entry to accommodation, the contract with us will terminate immediately and we will have no further responsibility or liability to you.
SECTION 11 – FLIGHTS
(1) We may not be able to specify on the website at the time of your booking request the airline or aircraft type that we will use, or the number of stops or routing of the flights.
(2) Please note that your flight departure dates from the ROI or UK and return dates to the UK may change by up to 24 hours from those dates detailed in your booking request and Booking Confirmation Email, and therefore your accommodation duration will also be adjusted accordingly.
(3) We reserve the right to change airline or aircraft types at any time (see Section 5 – Changes). Such changes will not be regarded as a major change for the purpose of these Package Terms and you will not be entitled to cancel the package booked with us without paying the appropriate cancellation charges (see Section 6 – Cancellation).
(4) The flight details will be reconfirmed in your final itinerary and you should check these as soon as possible as they might have been changed. Changes are not uncommon as all flights are subject to the granting of permits and licences by authorities, both in in the ROI, UK and overseas.
(5) Planned flight times will be given in the various documentation you receive, though these are for guidance only, not guaranteed and subject to schedule change.
(6) Your flights are all linked and therefore you and your Group are required to take all flights throughout your package. Should you or any Party Member fail to travel on any of the booked flights the remaining flights will be automatically cancelled by the airline.
TICKETING OF FLIGHTS
(7) We will ticket flights on such dates as we choose in our sole discretion. We are under no obligation to inform you of when we plan to ticket your flight. Flight ticketing may take place up to six months prior to your planned departure date, however we will not ticket your flight more than six months prior to your planned departure date.
(8) If you wish to change the flights included in your package once they have been ticketed, you may be charged 100% cancellation fee and you will then need to purchase the new flight (See Section 6 – Cancellation).
(9) Physical tickets will not be issued.
CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
(10) By making your booking you are agreeing to the carrier’s general conditions of carriage which are accessible on the carrier’s website. These may be updated from time to time and you must agree to the conditions of carriage to travel.
(11) Some flights may have to stop en-route and as factors affecting this are not always known before departure, we cannot always notify you in advance, though we will always endeavour to do so.
MULTI SECTOR FLIGHTS
(12) Please note that where your itinerary includes multi-sector flights with different airlines, those airlines luggage restrictions/allowances may not be consistent for the duration of your journey. Conditions of carriage (which include luggage restrictions and allowances) will vary from carrier to carrier. For example, your second carrier’s luggage allowance in respect of the weight of hand/hold luggage may be less than your first carrier’s. These restrictions/allowances are non-negotiable and you will be required to comply with them otherwise you may be subject to additional charges imposed by the carrier.
GETTING TO AND FROM THE ROI / UK AIRPORT
(13) You will be responsible for the cost of transfers to and from your ROI / UK departure and arrival airports.
(14) Subject to availability and payment of any additional cost, we may be able to offer regional departures.
(15) If a chauffeur service has been provided by an airline as part of a flight purchased by you, you acknowledge that it does not form part of your package, we have no control over and are not liable for the service provided.
(16) Online check-in will not be available for your flights as they are booked as part of a group allocation. You will be required to attend the airport to check-in for your flights. Further information will be provided in the supporting travel documentation.
(17) Unless you have selected an upgrade, your flight will be economy class. Due to seating configurations and other requirements, you and your Group may not necessarily be sat together during your journey.
(18) Please note that cabin class (first, business, premium economy, economy) service and experience can vary between international and domestic carriers and from carrier to carrier. Please note that a specific cabin class is not always available as an option on domestic flights or different carriers. You may therefore not experience the same service and experience from your departure point to your destination and there may not be a specific cabin class option for certain sectors of your journey.
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCES AND EXCESS BAGGAGE
(19) Baggage allowance varies between airlines and international and domestic flights. Once we have confirmed your flights, you should check the applicable baggage allowances. You may have to pay additional charges at check-in if these are exceeded.
(20) Excess baggage charges are the responsibility of each Party Member. We shall not be liable to pay any excess baggage charges on a Party Member’s behalf.
FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAMMES
(21) It may not be possible to use frequent flyer, other loyalty cards or member schemes in connection with the flights. The flights may not be deemed to be eligible flights in accordance with the relevant scheme’s rules meaning that awards, points or similar will not accrue in connection with the flight. It is not possible to use frequent flyer, other loyalty cards or member schemes points to pay for, or request an upgrade to your flights.
REFUSED BOARDING AND DAMAGE
(22) Please note that the captain of the aircraft has absolute authority over the aircraft and passengers at all times, when they are boarding or on board the aircraft.
(23) The captain can refuse to carry anyone if they are, in the captain’s opinion, unfit for any reason to travel or may pose a danger to the aircraft or other passengers.
(24) If you or any Party Member is refused carriage in these circumstances, the contract with us will terminate immediately and we will have no further responsibility or liability to you.
(25) Cabin service is provided by the airline and as such we have no control over the service provided (this includes but is not limited to the standard and availability of food and drink items).
(26) The service of food and drink is provided at the discretion of the airline and may not be included as part of your booking. The airline carrier reserves the right to withdraw the food and drink service at any time.
DELAY AND CANCELLATION
(27) In the event of your flight arrangements being changed or cancelled, as outlined in this section, we accept no liability for extra costs or consequential loss, arising directly or indirectly from any independent contract arrangement, between the client and a third party.
(28) Arrangements in the event of travel delay are the responsibility of the carrier.
(29) Under EU Law, you have rights in some circumstances to compensation from the airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your package from us.
(30) There are air carriers which are banned from operating within the European Union. These are listed at www.ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban/index_en.htm. Rest assured we will not be using any of these carriers on your trip.
(31) Subject to availability and the payment of the additional costs you may upgrade your flights. Flight upgrades you pay for will form part of your original package. Where you ask us to provide bespoke flights, these will be 100% non-refundable and payable 100% up front at the time of your bespoke request.
(32) We require payment in full for the upgraded flight element to reflect the increased cost. We will confirm all upgrades to you in writing.
Upgrades will only apply to the international sectors of your flights confirmed by us in writing. All seats on domestic flights will be in economy class regardless of whether you have upgraded. Upgrades may not apply to the European sector of your flight.
(34) If you cancel a package that includes an upgraded flight, we will add our non-recoverable costs from the relevant airline to our cancellation charges (see Section 6 – Cancellation).
(35) Access to the business lounge is at the sole discretion of the airline and as such we cannot guarantee you will have access as part of your upgraded flight cost. If access to the business lounge is granted, the service inside is provided by the airline and as such we have no control over the service provided (this includes but is not limited to the standard and availability of food and drink items).
(36) If you wish to change the flights included in your package, you will be charged for the amendment as detailed in Section 4 Charges. You may also be charged a cancellation fee (See Section 6 – Cancellation) and you will need to pay the fare of the new flight or difference in fare.
(37) If you make changes to the flight included in your package, for example change the day or time of travel and a transfer was included in your package, you will lose the benefit of this transfer and unless we agree in writing that there is a new transfer included in your package you will need to make your own arrangements from the airport.
(38) There are still restrictions on what you can carry onto planes or have in your hand luggage. This includes sharp instruments. For a full list please see https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/security/hand-baggage and www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions.
(39) Please be aware that a number of food and other products cannot be brought back into the ROI or UK from outside of the EU.
(40) You will need to declare cash if you are entering or leaving the European Union (EU) and carrying cash of 10,000 Euros or more, or the equivalent in other currencies.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESSIBLE TRAVEL
(41) Please let us know as soon as possible if you require any assistance to travel for example if you require wheelchair access or have dietary requirements and we will liaise with our suppliers and confirm to you the arrangements available. We will try to meet your special requirements however these are not always possible, are subject to availability at the discretion and control of the airline and may incur additional charges.
(42) Dietary requirements must be given to the airlines in advance of travel.
(43) Please let us know as soon as possible if you have any seating requests and we will liaise with our suppliers. It may not be possible to meet your requests as these will be subject to availability at the discretion and control of the airline and may incur additional charges.
SECTION 12 – TRAVEL SERVICES
TRAVEL SERVICE PROVIDER’S CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
(1) All travel services (including all coaching, airport accommodation transfers and match day transfers, but excluding flights detailed in Section 11 – Flights), provided as part of your package will be subject to the travel service provider’s conditions of carriage and luggage restrictions in force from time to time.
(2) The provider’s conditions of carriage may be accessible on the provider’s website or can be made available on request. These may be updated from time to time and you must agree to the conditions of carriage to travel and you must comply with any reasonable instructions given by us or the travel service provider.
(3) We shall not be responsible to you for any breaches of the conditions of carriage and any subsequent refusal of the travel service provider to transport you or any Party Member.
USING THE TRAVEL SERVICES
(4) Further information regarding travel services will be provided to you when available via travel documentation and accommodation information boards or such other method of communication as we notify to you.
(5) You and your Group will be required to wear seat belts (where provided) at all times whilst in a vehicle forming part of our travel services and follow all our and/or the travel service providers safety instructions.
(6) We do not permit any alcohol or food to be consumed on a travel service unless permitted by the relevant carrier. No smoking, including e-cigarettes, is allowed on any travel service we provide, even if the travel service provider permits it.
(7) We do not guarantee that there will be a toilet onboard your travel service.
(8) You may not have the same driver throughout your itinerary. Your driver may not stay at the same accommodation as you.
DEPARTURE, ARRIVAL AND ROUTES
(9) Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure times for your travel service on both the outbound and inbound journey sectors.
(10) Our transportation providers will only pick up and drop off at the locations specified in your Booking Confirmation Email and/or final itinerary.
(11) Seats are not reserved and as such you and your Group may not necessarily be sat together during your journey.
(12) We are unable to delay departure times and will not be liable to you or a Party Member should you or a Party Member miss a departure time.
(13) All journey times are approximate. When travelling to events, we leave sufficient time to get there and as such may arrive at an event before the gates open. We shall not be responsible for delays or cancellation in travel services caused by reasons outside of our and/or the travel service provider’s direct control. We shall not be liable for the inability to attend all or part of an event.
(14) You acknowledge that the travel service may not be a direct service to and from your destination and your journey may involve different vehicles and multiple stops.
(15) You acknowledge that events may run over the scheduled time and that we shall not be liable for any missed transport/connections.
(16) Your travel service is subject to unscheduled stops, diversions and driver breaks. It is therefore not always possible for journeys to be direct without stops. We cannot always notify you in advance, though we will always endeavour to do so.
(17) You acknowledge that in respect of transport to the events (where provided), the event organisers will operate a transport plan over which we have no control. Accordingly, you acknowledge and will make your Group aware that vehicles may not be able to drop off and/or park where planned and that some walking may be required or that the use of an additional park and ride facility may be required.
(18) Your luggage entitlement will be confirmed in your final itinerary or supporting documents.
(19) Luggage must not contain any dangerous, illegal or excessively sized items and such luggage will be refused to be carried. You take luggage and valuables at your own risk and we shall not be liable for any of your personal property being lost, stolen or damaged. You must not leave any luggage on transport unattended and must take all luggage with you when disembarking.
(20) We advise that you do not take any luggage or large bags with you to any stadiums. Each stadium provides different rules regarding bags and luggage allowed in the stadium. You should check with the stadium prior to taking any bags or luggage with you.
(21) Your luggage may not necessarily travel with you. Space for luggage may be limited on certain services with only a small overhead storage compartment available. Luggage will be delivered using a same day or next day service. You and your Group will drop luggage at the designated area on the morning of, or evening before departure (as notified to you by us). Luggage will be securely stored and transferred via luggage transport by road/air to your next accommodation. You and your Group should retain a small travel bag with essential items and valuables.
(22) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the luggage transportation for your luggage transfer are incorporated into this contract (“Luggage Terms”), together with the limits of liability for lost, delayed or damaged baggage therein. As per when you fly with a carrier, any loss, damage or delay shall be the responsibility of the luggage transport provider and not us. Therefore, liability will be limited to the amounts set out in those terms, except that in no circumstances will our liability exceed €100 per party member. You shall not be entitled to claim for the same loss suffered in respect of a luggage transfer claim if you have already claimed for that loss under the Luggage Terms from the luggage transfer provider. You should read the terms carefully and ensure that you keep any valuables with you. You should check that your insurance policy covers your luggage whilst using this service. We recommend you obtain baggage insurance. Any claim for lost, damaged or delayed baggage must be reported to us within two hours of the expected baggage reclaim.
MATCH DAY TRANSFERS
(23) Match day transfers may not included in your package but this is specified in the tour itinerary that you booked. If they are included, the times and locations of the pick-up and drop off points will follow in your final itinerary, supporting documentation or be displayed on accommodation information boards or such other method of communication as we notify to you.
(24) You acknowledge that in respect of Match Day Transfers (where provided), the event organisers will operate a transport plan over which we have no control, you acknowledge and will make your Group aware that this may include that:
(a) vehicles may not be able to drop off and/or park in the immediate vicinity of the stadium and that some walking or use of an additional park and ride facility (if provided by the event organiser) may be required;
(b) drop off points will be designated by the event organisers; and
(c) the plan can change with or without notice and may impact on your travel arrangements.
(25) If the match to which you are due to attend is cancelled and a match day transfer was provided as part of your package for the cancelled match, refunds may be made in accordance with the terms of the match day transfer provider. Refunds will be made at our sole discretion and if a refund is agreed by us, you will only receive a refund to the extent that we receive a refund from the match day transport provider.
REFUSED BOARDING AND DAMAGE
(26) We or our travel service provider may refuse boarding or require disembarkation if you or a Party Member are deemed to be behaving inappropriately (including drunken behaviour) and/or failing to follow instructions.
(27) We shall not be liable to you for the behaviour of other passengers over which we have no control and if you are refused boarding we shall not be liable to you and we shall have no liability to return you to your point of origin.
(28) You shall be responsible for any damage or soiling caused to our carrier, its equipment or mode of transport by you or your Group and if we get charged for such damage or soiling you agree to repay us for such amount we are charged as a result of your actions.
SECTION 13 – TICKETS
TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS
(1) As part of your package we will allocate you official Tickets for the matches included in your booking. Please note that the official Tickets included in your package are specified in the tour itinerary that you booked. The test match Ticket will be the category as detailed in your specified tour itinerary and any provincial match Tickets included in your package will be the lowest category available unless otherwise stated.
(2) All Tickets are supplied in accordance with the Ticket issuer’s Ticket Terms and Conditions, the latest version can be found at Appendix 1 – Ticket Terms & Conditions (Ticket Terms and Conditions). Please note these may differ from the ticket terms and conditions provided on the Ticket issuer’s website.
(3) The Ticket Terms and Conditions will be made available to you at the time of your booking request (if they are available) and if subsequently updated, will be provided to you prior to your departure. You are required to agree to be bound and comply with the Ticket Terms and Conditions. You will also inform anyone in your Group that they are accepting the Ticket Terms and Conditions as part of your package.
(4) We shall not be responsible to you if your Ticket is cancelled or you are refused entry to, or ejected from, a venue as a result of breaching the Ticket Terms and Conditions.
(5) Please note that start times shown on the website are indicative and may change, all start times are subject to confirmation and may change for reasons outside of our control.
CANCELLATION OF THE MATCH
(6) We recommend you check your insurance to make sure that you are covered in the event that the match(es) you are due to attend is rescheduled, cancelled or postponed.
(7) Tickets are sold subject to the relevant Ticket Terms and Conditions which may include the Ticket issuer’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange Tickets. If the event to which you are due to attend is cancelled, we will refund you the face value of your Ticket to the extent that we receive a refund from the Ticket issuer. Your package will be unaffected by the event cancellation and we will continue to provide you with the services in your package.
(8) Where available, stadium maps showing categories and/or locations of Tickets are for information purposes only and made available as a guide. The guides are not to scale and are an approximation of where you may be seated in the stadium. The stadium/organiser reserves the right to re-categorise, move or reallocate categories and locations at its sole discretion at any point before or during the tournament. We may not be informed of such reorganisations or re-categorisations.
(9) Tickets will be allocated from our official allocation. Please note that the organisers determine our allocation and location of ticket categories within the stadia over which we have no control.
(10) If you are booking as a Group, please note that it is not guaranteed that your Group will all be able to sit together in the stadium.
(11) Subject to availability and the payment of the additional costs, you may be able to upgrade your Tickets at the time of making your booking. Subject to availability and the payment of the additional costs, you may be able to upgrade your Tickets after receiving your Booking Confirmation Email. Ticket upgrades you pay for will form part of your original package however these will be 100% non-refundable and payable 100% up front at the time of your Ticket upgrade request.
(12) We will distribute your Tickets to you in a manner that we deem most appropriate. We will inform you which method of distribution we intend to use prior to departure but reserve the right to amend this at any time. Once distributed, Tickets are your responsibility and cannot be replaced. It is your responsibility to check your Tickets on receipt and you should contact us as soon as possible if there is a mistake.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESSIBLE TRAVEL
(13) If you are a wheelchair user and require wheelchair user Tickets or you are a customer who requires accessible seating but are not a wheelchair user, you must inform us at the time of making your booking request.
(14) Please note that wheelchair user tickets and accessible tickets are very limited and special mobility arrangements at each stadium/venue are under the control of the stadium/venue operator over whom we have no control. Wheelchair user tickets or accessible tickets will be specifically confirmed in your Booking Confirmation Email, if they are not, you will have the category of Ticket confirmed in the Booking Confirmation Email.
(15) Wheelchair user tickets or accessible tickets do not include the supply of a wheelchair or other requirements and as such you must make arrangements for these yourself.
SECTION 14 – YOUR OBLIGATIONS
CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOUR
(1) We expect you to take responsibility for your own and your Group’s actions whilst you are enjoying your package.
(2) We expect all our clients to conduct themselves properly and not behave in any way which causes or is likely to cause: danger, offence or upset to any other person; or damage to property; break any law; or that is generally considered unacceptable.
(3) Any Party Member that behaves this way will be required to leave their transportation, event venue, excursion and/or accommodation and we will have no further responsibility to them including any return travel arrangements. In the event that we consider your behaviour as a breach of these Package Terms (for example Section 21 – Customer Code of Conduct) the contract with us will terminate immediately and we will have no further responsibility or liability to you.
(4) If we ask you or any Party Member to leave because of your behaviour, no refunds will be given and we will not pay any expenses or costs you incur as a result.
(5) You will be responsible for any damage or loss caused by you or any Party Member during your time away.
(6) You must make full payment direct to the accommodation or other service supplier in respect of the damage or loss you or your Group have caused. You will also be required to compensate us for any subsequent claims brought against us as a result of your actions.
(7) You will reimburse us in full and on demand any costs or damages suffered by us as a result of any act or omission of you or any Party Member.
SECTION 15 – COMPLAINTS / PROBLEMS
(1) If you have a complaint about your package or have any problems whilst you are away, please inform one of our representatives without undue delay who will endeavour to put this right. If you fail to follow the requirement to report your complaint we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were travelling with us. This may affect your rights under this contract.
(2) If your complaint or problem is not resolved whilst you are away please follow this up within 28 days of the end of your holiday by emailing us at [email protected] or writing to us at Annagh, Lisnagry, Limerick, V94 C53Y, Ireland giving your booking reference number and brief details of your complaint. Please keep your correspondence concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to us without delay.
(3) Our Customer Services Team will respond to your written complaint within a reasonable time following an investigation into your complaint. We will correspond with you by email, phone and letter in an attempt to resolve your complaint.
(4) We are determined to provide and are also obliged by the Commission For Aviation Regulation to maintain a high standard of service to you. If we can’t resolve your complaint, please contact https://www.aviationreg.ie/ and you can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution Platform at www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
(5) It is our responsibility to perform the contract we have with you. You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. If any of the travel services included in your package are not performed in accordance with the contract, or are improperly performed, by us or the travel service suppliers, and this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements, you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. Please note it will be for you to show that we have not performed the contract properly and that this has caused you damage or loss.
(6) Nothing in these Package Terms excludes or intends to exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or our contractual liability to you under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.
(7) However, we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to:
(a) you or a Party Member (for example if you break a law in the country visited); or
(b) a third party unconnected with the provision of your package or arrangements; or
(c) unusual, unavoidable, unforeseeable and extraordinary circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or
(d) an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
(8) For claims for personal injury, illness or death, any payments will only be made if the following conditions are met:
(a) you must tell us, and the supplier involved, about your injury or illness while you are travelling with us and you must write to our office about your claim within three months of the date of arriving home. A letter from your doctor, detailing your injury, should also be included;
(b) any rights that you have against the supplier or any person, must be transferred to us; and
(c) you must agree to fully co-operate with us or our insurers, if we wish to enforce those rights.
You are asked to transfer your rights to us, so that we can claim back from suppliers any payments that we make to you, plus any legal or other costs that are incurred.
(9) Save for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, our liability to you and your Group for any damage, loss of enjoyment or other loss you suffer shall be limited to a maximum of three times the cost of your package. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
(a) the contractual terms of the companies that provide travel services that make up your package. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and
(b) any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention (travel by air), the Athens Convention (travel by sea), the Berne Convention (travel by rail) and the Paris Convention (provision of accommodation), which limit the amount of and conditions under which compensation can be claimed for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of the extent of or the conditions under which compensation is to be paid under these or any conventions.
(10) You can ask for copies of the travel service contractual terms, or the international conventions, from us.
(11) Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However, reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in Section 6 – Cancellation.
(12) If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline and/or other third party suppliers will be deducted from the amount due from us. If your airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to either the Commission For Aviation Regulation at https://www.aviationreg.ie/ or the Aviation Consumer Advocacy Panel www.caa.co.uk.
(13) Any and all arrangements you make that are not part of your package supplied by us are your responsibility and are made at your own risk.
(14) This does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on holiday.
UNAVOIDABLE AND EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES
(15) If it is impossible to ensure your return as agreed in your package due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category, for a maximum of three nights. The limit doesn’t apply to persons with reduced mobility and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, or persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that you notified us of these needs at least 48 hours before the start of your holiday.
ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE AND EMERGENCIES
(16) If you are in difficulty whilst on holiday and ask us to help we will provide appropriate assistance, in particular by providing information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance; and helping you to find alternative arrangements and any necessary phone calls/emails. You must pay any costs we incur, if the difficulty is your fault.
(17) If you or a member of your Group have an emergency while you are away, please contact us on the 24-hour customer service contact number provided to you in your event information pack prior to your departure. We will endeavour to assist you where required to the best of our abilities. If you fail to report your emergency, we will have been deprived of the opportunity to provide any assistance.
SECTION 16 – YOUR FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND
(1) We appreciate that you are spending a lot of money on your package and want to reassure you that it is financially protected.
(2) If your tour package includes flights ex Ireland then we are bonded and licensed with the Commission for Aviation Regulation, Tour Operators Licence No. T.O. 260. Further details are available at http://www.aviationreg.ie/
(3) For flight inclusive packages sold to customers whose flights depart from outside of the Republic of Ireland but within the EEA (including UK) we have Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover. In compliance with the Tour Operators and Travel Agents (Bonding) Regulations 1983, an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
(4) In the unlikely event of financial failure and your tour package (including flights), was departing the Republic of Ireland, please contact the Commission for Aviation (Tel: +353 (0)1 661 1700)
(5) In the unlikely event of financial failure and your tour package (including flights), was departing the UK or EEA, please contact the Travel & General claims helpline on +44 (0)1702 811397.
SECTION 17 – YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
INFORMATION WE REQUIRE FROM YOU
(1) Capitalised terms in this section shall have the meaning given to them in the Data Protection Act 2018.
(2) At any time prior to travel and throughout the duration of your trip, we may require additional information from you regarding your Group which will include (without limitation) Advanced Passenger Information (APIS) and merchandise sizing. You agree to provide the information promptly on our request and before any deadline we set. When submitting the information, you will ensure it is true and accurate and consent to us using it for the purposes of performing our contract.
(3) We collect Personal Data about you and your Group when you make your booking.
(5) We will update your Personal Data whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete. If any of your Personal Data changes you must provide us with the updated Personal Data at the earliest opportunity.
(6) We are contractually obliged to pass on your Personal Data to the Entities for ticket management and reporting purposes.
(7) The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your booking request, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
(8) By making a booking with us please note that we will be required to Process your Personal Data in the performance of this contract.
(10) When you provide us with the Personal Data of your Group you are confirming that you have obtained their consent to do so.
SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF DATA
(11) You may provide us with Special Categories of Personal Data including:
(a) a specific medical condition;
(b) specific dietary requirements;
(c) a requirement for special assistance; and/or
(d) your passport information.
(12) When you provide us with Special Categories of Personal data you consent to us processing such Personal Data for the purpose of providing you with your package.
SECTION 18 – SUPPORT
(1) Most of our accommodation is staffed by one of our representatives for a set period of time each day to support you as required, but we do not guarantee this will be the case.
(2) You acknowledge that our representatives will not be with you for every hour of every day.
(4) If your tour is confirmed as “Escorted” this means that subject to minimum numbers being reached on the tour you will be accompanied by a member of our staff (or such other representative as we see fit) during key stages of your tour such as arrival to your destination or checking into a new accommodation. It also means that our representatives will be available for a set period of time on days notified to you in advance in your accommodation to support you as required.
(5) Your tour group and member of our staff assigned to your tour group may change throughout the duration of your tour.
(6) We know you like to enjoy your own time as well as spending time with your fellow travellers. As such Escorted does not mean that we will supply a tour leader or that our representatives will be with you for every hour of every day or will accompany you on all of your activities or transportation.
(7) Please note that you may be staying in accommodation and using services with other tour groups and your tour group may be split across different service providers.
GUIDES AND TOUR LEADERS
(9) Where this has been specifically included in your package we will take all due care in appointing guides but we cannot guarantee the level of knowledge of the appointed guide. We cannot be held responsible for the views and opinions that may be expressed by your appointed guide. You acknowledge that the views and opinions expressed are not necessarily a representation of ours.
SECTION 19 – CONTACT
Your contract is with OTP travel Services Limited trading as Rugby Travel Ireland of Annagh, Lisnagry, Limerick V94 C53Y, Ireland.
OUR EMAIL ADDRESS
OUR PHONE NUMBER
061 624734 (+353 61 624734)
SECTION 20 – GENERAL
NO PARTNERSHIP, AGENCY OR JOINT VENTURE
(1) If, in making a booking with us, you are making arrangements on behalf of third parties your booking is subject to the condition that, except with our prior written consent, you shall not (nor authorise any third party to):
(a) make any representation nor give any warranty on our behalf or in our name nor incur or create any expense chargeable to us nor pledge our credit;
(b) associate yourself/itself with, nor use nor allow anyone to use our name, logo or trademarks including without limitation in the promotion or advertisement of any product or service;
(c) do nor allow to be done any act or thing which will harm misuse, bring into disrepute, impair or otherwise adversely affect our rights and interests (including goodwill) in our name, logo and/or trademarks;
(d) hold yourself out to any third party as acting with our authority and/or as our agent or partner;
(e) represent that the hospitality, catering, ticket, travel services, site facility and/or any other arrangements provided under this booking are made by you or any person or entity other than us.
and without limitation you acknowledge that the arrangement entered into between us shall not constitute an agency, partnership, or joint venture.
(2) Websites are produced well in advance of the events taking place and there may be occasions when advertised facilities or entertainment is not available during your period of travel, due to bad weather, drought, public utility failure, essential maintenance, cleaning or lack of demand. You should also remember that the general standard of hygiene, public utilities, drainage, plumbing and services in general may not be as sophisticated as in the ROI / UK. All information published and displayed on the website, has been compiled from up to date details and we have taken the up most care to ensure fact and accuracy. There may be occasions when an advertised facility is either modified or not available. Such situations may be dictated by local circumstances, necessity for maintenance (swimming pools for example), unplanned emergency maintenance, unsuitable weather, fuel shortage, accidental damage to accommodation or other circumstances totally beyond our control. If we are advised of this we will inform you as soon as possible. The website is issued on our responsibility and does not commit any service providers mentioned therein.
(3) We promise you that we have selected our suppliers with reasonable skill and care.
(4) Any waiver by us of any right we have under this contract is only effective if we confirm it to you in writing.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
(5) No one other than the Lead Booker or us may enforce this contract and these Package Terms do not create any right enforceable by any third party except as set out in these Package Terms.
(6) All Trademarks are used under license by us. All such rights are reserved.
(7) Nothing in these Package Terms permit you to use the package you have purchased to commercially associate yourself with us and/or the events or otherwise use any of the imagery or trademarks we use. You agree not to use the package as a prize or promotion without our prior written consent and acknowledge that breach of this obligation may breach the Ticket Terms & Conditions.
(8) This contract is made on the terms of these Package Terms, which are governed by Irish Law, and the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
SECTION 21 – CUSTOMER CODE OF CONDUCT
CODE OF CONDUCT
In order for us to provide the best service possible, it is your and each Party Members’ responsibility to:
(a) ensure you read the information provided to you;
(b) listen to and observe instructions provided to you;
(c) inform us promptly if you have any issues providing accurate and truthful information;
(d) at all times conduct yourself in a reasonable manner, including drinking responsibly at our events; and
(e) treat our staff, our suppliers’ staff and other customers with respect.
We will not tolerate:
(a) written or verbal aggression, obscenity or abuse, including verbal insults, using bad language or swearing;
(b) any actual or threat of violence including touching, pushing or shoving;
(c) racial abuse or sexual harassment;
towards our staff, our suppliers or our other customers in any form.
Please see Section 6 – Cancellation and Section 14 – Your Obligations regarding the consequences of your conduct.
SECTION 22 – GLOSSARY
Booking Confirmation Email
The email sent by us to you confirming that your booking request has been accepted by us and Party Members’ details, of which form part of your contract with us.
Booking Request Acknowledgment Email
The email sent by us to you confirming receipt of your booking request.
Rugby Travel Ireland, Lions Rugby Travel, The British & Irish Lions and the South Africa Rugby Union.
The remaining monies owed to us by you by the date set out in Section 3(1).
All named individuals forming part of your travelling party.
The person making the booking with us.
Lead Party Member
The Party Member named as the lead contact when the Lead Booker is not travelling as part of the Group.
These terms and conditions, of which form part of your contract with us.
Each named individual travelling as part of your Group.
Single Room Supplement
A charge applied for single room occupancy. See Section 4 – Charges.
Ticket Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions issued by the Ticket issuer. See Appendix 1.
Official tickets allocated as part of your package.
The Official Sub Agent logo, Official Ticket Logo and the British & Irish Lions and all their associated marks
APPENDIX 1 – TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS
TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Conditions govern all Tickets issued for the British & Irish Lions Tour 2021 to South Africa and the admission of all visitors to any Venue to attend any Match. In the case of any conflict or contradiction between these Conditions and the abbreviated form printed on the reverse side of each Ticket, these Conditions will prevail.
All Tickets for the Tour are issued by SA RUGBY EVENT SERVICES (RF) (PTY) LTD (SARES) or third parties designated by SARES, pursuant to authority granted by SA RUGBY UNION (SARU).
Any Ticket Purchaser or any person who possesses a Ticket or uses or attempts to use any Ticket shall be deemed to have agreed to comply with these Conditions.
For Ticket Purchasers with a billing address in the European Union, EEA and the United Kingdom & Northern Ireland (“EU Territory”): Ticket Purchasers and Ticket Holders will only be eligible to purchase Tickets from The British & Irish Lions Authorised Agents. The British & Irish Lions Authorised Agents are listed www.lionstour2021.co.za and will be updated from time to time.
For Ticket Purchasers with a billing address in South Africa or worldwide (except the EU Territory) (“Worldwide Territory”): Ticket Purchasers will only be eligible to purchase Tickets from SARU or SARU Authorised Agents. SARU Authorised Agents are listed www.lionstour2021.co.za and will be updated from time to time.
Tickets purchased or obtained in breach of the above shall be void and may be confiscated or cancelled without refund or compensation.
III. Venue Entry & Requirements
indicated on that Ticket or such other alternative seat as SARES and/or SARU may allocate acting reasonably. The Ticket Holder is not guaranteed an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of the Match from the seat provided, nor is any representation or warranty given as to the quality, content or duration of the Match.
“Authorised Person(s)” means collectively all Tour management, Venue management, Police, public bodies and agencies responsible for health, safety and security in connection with the Tour or the Venue or a Match, and their respective staff, officials, representatives, officers and volunteers;
“Conditions” means these terms and conditions and the Venue Regulations which are incorporated into these Conditions by reference, together with any amendments or updates to the same issued by or on behalf of SARES from time to time;
“Face Value” means the specified price of the Ticket only (including South African value added tax thereon) as stated on the face of the relevant Ticket, and excludes any Handling Fee (or part thereof) or other fees or charges paid by the Ticket Purchaser in respect of that Ticket (including postage or courier charges);
“Force Majeure” means acts, events, non-happenings, omissions or accidents (including acts of God, war, hostilities, terrorism, riot, fire, explosion, accident, flood, sabotage, lack of adequate fuel, power, raw materials, containers, transportation, strike, lock-out or injunction, epidemic or pandemic, changes to governmental laws, regulations or orders) which in any way affects any Match and / or the Tour;
“Handling Fee” means the fee payable per Ticket transaction or order, charged in addition to the Face Value of the Ticket, for the processing and delivery of Tickets in that transaction or order (including South African value added tax thereon);
“Illegal or Prohibited Item(s)” means those items specified in Section III, of these Conditions and any other items from time to time prohibited from being brought into Venues (and Ticket Holders should check the ticketing information on https://tickets.lionstour2021.co.za/ from time to time for details of any additional Illegal or Prohibited Items);
“Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and neighbouring and related rights, trade marks and service marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up and trade dress, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets), and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world;
“Match” means a game of rugby union forming part of the Tour, the particulars of which are clearly indicated on the Ticket;
“Official Ticketing Agent” means the official appointed Ticket agent of SARES, acting as agent for SARES;
“Official Ticket Resale Scheme” means the official online Ticket resale facility. Such scheme will be offered by SARES subject to additional terms and conditions and thereby will enable the authorised resale of Tickets in accordance with Section II, paragraph (3) of these Conditions. Ticket Purchasers should check the ticketing information on https://tickets.lionstour2021.co.za/ in due course for further details;
“Original Sale Price” means the specified price of each Ticket plus any Handling Fee (or part thereof) and other charges necessary to effect the sale or trade of that Ticket (including postage or courier charges);
“Playing Surface” means the area within the Venue on which the Match is played, together with any adjacent areas required for the purposes of the Match;
“Restricted Item(s)” those any item which, in the reasonable opinion of an Authorised Person, might compromise or otherwise interfere with the enjoyment or comfort of any person at the Venue such as, without limitation, the items referred to in Section III, paragraph (4)(c) of these Conditions (and Ticket Holders should check the ticketing information on https://tickets.lionstour2021.co.za/ from time to time for details of any further examples of items which may only be brought into a Venue at the discretion of an Authorised Person)
“SARES” means SA Rugby Event Services RF (Pty) Limited, Ground Floor, D Block, Black River Park, Fir Street, Observatory, Cape Town, 7925, South Africa;
“SARU” means South African Rugby Union of SARU House, Tygerberg Office Park, 163 Uys Krige Drive, Plattekloof, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa;
“SARU Fan Code” means the code issued by SARU to support rugby against racism which requires Ticket Holders to display good sportsmanship by always be respectful to players, coaches and officials, acting appropriately by not taunting or disturbing other fans’ efforts to enjoy the game, cheering in a positive manner and encourage fair play, avoiding profanity and objectionable cheers, gestures and comments that are racially offensive, support efforts to provide and promote a safe and pleasant environment, empathise with referees and coaches by trusting their judgement and integrity, recognising good effort, teamwork and sportsmanship and not interfering with the game, referee, and match officials on or off the playing field nor act in a hurtful manner towards players or officials;
“Ticket” means a ticket (whether a hard copy ticket or an electronic ticket) evidencing a personal revocable licence from SARES for an individual to attend a particular Match at a particular Venue in accordance with the details indicated thereon;
“Ticket Holder” means any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the Ticket Purchaser or any person to whom the Ticket was issued or transferred;
“Ticket Purchaser” means the individual who has purchased a Ticket or Tickets through the Tour’s official Ticket programme and/or through any Authorised Agent(s);
“The British & Irish Lions” means means British & Irish Lions Designated Activity Company, First Floor, Simmonscourt House, Simmonscourt Road, Ballsbridge Dublin 4;
“Tour” means the British and Irish Lions Tour 2021 to be held in South Africa;
“Venue” means the entire premises of a stadium where a Match is scheduled to take place including all adjacent and surrounding areas used or controlled by SARES in connection with the staging of the Match at the Venue;
“Venue Regulations” means as defined in Section III, paragraph (1); and
“World Rugby” means the unincorporated association with its principal office in World Rugby House, 8-10 Pembroke Street Lower, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Revised – 13 August 2020
© Copyright 2021 Rugby Travel Ireland
OTP Travel Services Ltd (497583) T/A Rugby Travel Ireland is Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TO 0260.
Enter your details below and we will be in touch with you regarding Ireland’s Summer Tour to Australia.
Enter your details below and we will be in touch with you regarding travel packages to Italy v Ireland in Rome.
Enter your details below and we will be in touch with you regarding travel packages to Scotland v Ireland in Edinburgh.